Friday, June 10, 2011

Race Day Play List

I had a little free time today, so I made a CD to listen to on the way to the race Sunday morning.  Last year I discovered that there isn't much on Maui radio at 4:00 a.m.  Since I don't want to be left at the mercy of whatever is in my car right now (too many overplayed CDs), here's what I'll be listening to:


  • Beautiful Day, U2
  • Where Are You Going, Dave Matthews Band
  • Suddenly I See, KT Tunstall
  • Big Time, Peter Gabriel
  • Pump It, Black Eyed Peas
  • Burn It To The Ground, Nickelback
  • Lose Yourself, Eminem
  • Walk On, U2
  • Unstoppable, Rascal Flatts
That is my motivational playlist, in order of appearance!

Music has always been a huge part of my life and I enjoy quite an eclectic mix.  I chose these songs because they either: make me smile when I hear them, motivate me to get moving during training, or keep me moving during a race.  When I'm struggling, I just think of this line from Unstoppable:

"Get on your knees and dig down deep, you can do what you think is impossible!"


No comments:

Post a Comment