Monday, May 23, 2011

Race Calendar Edits

Sometimes a series of events occurs that requires a major course correction.

Thankfully, it's not an injury or other training mishap.  It's not even an equipment issue.  Without going into a lot of detail, let's just say that sometimes you have to make the RIGHT decision even if it isn't the FUN decision.  That said, I have to take the South Maui Triathlon off my race calendar, which is only a few weeks away.

Even though it saddens me to do it, it is the right thing to do.  The flipside is that I will be concentrating on getting stronger and faster in off-road racing for the summer and grabbing that Xterra AG spot in August.

I am optimistic that things will even out over the summer.  The off-road running will be very good for me and the strength I gain over the summer and into fall will be a great base to start training for Honu in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you won't be doing the triathlon, but at least you are doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete