Monday, May 16, 2011

What's in YOUR cabinet?


The title of this post makes me think of that credit card commercial, "What's in your wallet?"

This is my nutrition cabinet.  A tiny corner cabinet in the kitchen where I store all my healthly stuff.  When I open the door I often think, "I wonder what other triathletes' cabinets/drawers/boxes/etc. look like."  And I'm also thankful that my stash seems simple (at least to me), compared to some other nutrition plans I've read elsewhere.

Here's a quick rundown:
  • EmergenC - taken daily, one of the few types of Vitamin C that don't upset my stomach;
  • MRM Vanilla egg white protein powder (acceptable protein on the Paleo diet - however, this particular brand/flavor has additives that are not  acceptable, so I will be changing next time);
  • Bob's Red Mill golden flaxseed meal;
  • Vitamin E;
  • Calcium with Vitamin D;
  • Fish oil capsules;
  • HEED - melon flavor, which I bought by accident, but turns out is AWESOME - tastes like the essence of a watermelon Jolly Rancher;
  • In the back - Recoverite, Clif Shot Bloks in cherry, and espresso flavored Hammer Gel packets.
  • Not pictured - the four extra water bottles that are in the dishwasher.
I like having everything in one place so it's easy to prepare for rides, workouts, or the day ahead. 

How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a special cabinet, but in my pantry behind the Cheez-Its are Lara Bars, Odwalla Bars, HEED Melon, Powerbar Gels, Luna Bars, Cytomax, Calcium, fish oil.

    ReplyDelete