Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Counting Down

It is only 12 days until "official" training starts. Comapny went back to the mainland Monday night, so I am easing back into my routine. Have not been working out as I had planned, even on a limited basis, so today I got back into my weight training program. I am tired, but feel good. I hope I'm not too sore tomorrow.

I used to be a big fan of protein drinks until I read more about them and decided they were mostly what I call "frankenfood." I used to use them daily, and sometimes several times a day, but now mostly just grab one occasionally. I read about a new one called "mix1" in Triathlete magazine and liked the fact that it had fruit in it too. They have them at our new Whole Foods, so I picked up the tangerine flavor for my post-workout boost.

I have to say that I am not impressed. I WANT to like it, but it tastes far more of vitamins than I like. Sort of like a vaguely unpleasant, thicker, hopped up version of an orange julius. At 200 calories, 2.5g fat, and 15g protein, it's a fair substitute if you want a healthy choice, but it has a rather high sugar content (22g) and the $2.99 price tag makes me wince.

No comments:

Post a Comment