Friday, March 19, 2010

I Am A Swimmer

I did it! I can swim!

Actually, I have been able to swim for a long, long time, but never correctly and never for any length of time. One of the most-repeated bits of advice for training for a triathlon is, "Get a swim coach." So I did.

Rebecca and I met at a women's stand-up paddleboard event last January. It was meant to be! She was chatting with another woman in my group who knew I was looking for a swim coach, so when she mentioned coaching my friend sent her over to me.

Her calm demeanor, vast knowledge and infinite patience turned me from water-fighter to water-glider! I got out of the pool today with such a feeling of exhilaration!

I feel more confident and relaxed and ready to take on my training. We plan to meet about 3-4 times over the next 12 weeks so she can check in on me and we can refine things as we go.

Now I'm looking forward to Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment