Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 2 - Run

Every morning I take my dog, Cody, for a walk around the neighborhood. I've done this since he was a puppy (he's now 3+) and he's at my side of the bed as soon as he hears the alarm go off. I throw on my workout clothes, grab his leash, and off we go.

We walk at a good pace, usually for about 15-20 minutes depending on our route. He enjoys getting out and I enjoy the peace and quiet, since nearly everyone in our neighborhood is still asleep. It's also a really good warm up for whatever training I have planned that morning.

Today was the first day that I hit the road instead of the treadmill. I have a lot of hills in my neighborhood and virtually no flat running routes anywhere within a 10 mile radius of my house, so it's always a workout! I was feeling a little creaky at first (it's been about a month since I ran any measurable distance), but was soon feeling my stride and before I knew it my run was done!

My lunchtime workout consisted of weightlifting and yoga...and I have REALLY MISSED MY YOGA! I'm going to have to work to regain some of the flexibility I lost in the last month, but it will be a pleasure to get back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment